TPJHS IS UNIQUE!
- Twentynine Palms Junior High School is a two-year (7th & 8th Grade) comprehensive junior high school.
- TPJHS is uniquely located in the Mojave Desert between a military base (Marine Corp Air Ground Combat Center, 29 Palms) and a national park (Joshua Tree National Park). The proximity to these entities provides TPJHS with many opportunities and a diverse population.
- Copper Mountain Community College is located 10 miles to the west and is actively involved with TPJHS.
- TPJHS is located within a short drive of San Bernardino Mountains (Big Bear City), Palms Springs & the Aerial Tramway , & the Salton Sea.
- We are located within a 3 hour ride to the Pacific Ocean (Los Angeles & San Diego), the Colorado River & Lakes, & Las Vegas.
- The TPJHS campus was originally the 29 Palms High School and still houses the 29 Palms High School football & soccer stadium.
- TPJHS is located next to Twentynine Palms Elementary School, Lucky Park, and the Morongo Unified School District offices.
- TPJHS has access to the Lucky Park swimming pool, baseball diamonds, and picnic areas.
- Many of our student participate in 29 Palms Park & Recreation activities (martial arts, dance, sports, etc.)
- TPJHS fields boys & girls sports teams in football, volleyball, basketball, soccer, softball, & baseball.
- It can get hot...and cold! Temperatures reach 100+ °F (38 °C) on 90 days, 90-100°F (32 °C) on 155 days, and the freezing mark on 24 nights annually.